Android 4.4.4 "KitKat" hardened binary distribution
This is the Android 4.4.4 "KitKat" hardened binary distribution by Guido Trentalancia for
the Sony Xperia E3 device (D2203, D2206, D2243, D2202):
This distribution includes over a thousand fixes to common security vulnerabilities that would otherwise let potential attackers execute malicious and harmful code remotely to obtain sensitive information from the device or, even worse, take complete control of the device.
In addition, the following security features and improvements, not available in the original distribution from the device manufacturer, are included in this hardened distribution:
- Security Enhanced Linux (SELinux) enabled (Enforcing Mode) rather than disabled (Permissive Mode) and using a customized policy;
- Updated Certificate Authority (CA) certificates bundle;
- End-to-end encryption for the Web (HTTPS) and other Internet services such as Mail Transport (IMAP/SMTP) using Transport Layer Security (TLS) only, thus disabling the insecure Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol;
- Removal of several obsolete, insecure and weak ciphers previously used for encryption using TLS and other protocols;
- Optional browser protection from the CORS Vulnerability;
- New browser option to disable Third-Party Cookies for increased privacy;
- Removal of several other online tracking and identification mechanisms (super cookies) such as TLS Session Tickets and TLS Session Resumption, TLS Channel ID, Shared Dictionary Compression over HTTP (SDCH) information persistance;
- Stronger GCC stack-smashing protection.
An extensive collection of free applications from various authors is also available: selected binary Android applications
The following optional extensions are currently available upon request: SMS (Short Message Service) Encryption. Further extensions, functionality or security enhancements and customizations can be developed upon request.
Android is Copyright (C) 2007-2023 by the Android Open Source Project
and is a trademark of Google Inc.
The Linux kernel is Copyright (C) by The Linux Foundation and
Xperia is a trademark of Sony Mobile Communications Inc.
The WLAN firmware image files are Copyright (C) Qualcomm Inc.
Additional software parts, modifications, security features and custom
configurations developed by Guido Trentalancia and distributed with
the above binary package are provided as free software in binary form
ony without source code and subject to the following disclaimer and
limitation of liability terms:
THIS CONTENT CANNOT BE REDISTRIBUTED WITHOUT PERMIT.
Disclaimer of Warranty.
THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, SOFTWARE AND/OR CONFIGURATION,
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED
IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE
PROGRAM, SOFTWARE AND/OR CONFIGURATION “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY
KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE
PROGRAM, SOFTWARE AND/OR CONFIGURATION IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM,
SOFTWARE AND/OR CONFIGURATION PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF
ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
Limitation of Liability.
IN NO EVENT WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MODIFIES
AND/OR CONVEYS THE PROGRAM, SOFTWARE AND/OR CONFIGURATION AS PERMITTED
ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL,
INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR
INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM, SOFTWARE AND/OR CONFIGURATION (INCLUDING
BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR
LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM,
SOFTWARE AND/OR CONFIGURATION TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS OR
ELECTRONIC DEVICE), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED
OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Copyright © 2007-2023 Guido Trentalancia. All rights reserved.